- Senior Political Analyst for FOX News Channel
- Con to the question "Should Abortion Be Legal?"
“[T]he Supreme Court found that a generalized right to privacy it had basically invented, meant that a woman has a constitutional right to snuff out an unborn life, a human being with a beating heart. That’s what a fetus as young as six weeks is.
…Some estimates are that as many as 55 million abortions — 55 million — have occurred since the Court acted. In that time, science has given us an ever clearer picture of just how much of a baby a fetus is. At 20 weeks, we now know, these tiny creatures can hear, even recognize a mother’s voice. Their toenails are growing and their hearts beat loud enough to be heard by a stethoscope.
The moral case for allowing such beings to be killed grows ever weaker and its advocates resort to ever more absurd euphemisms to describe what they support. They’re not really pro-abortion, they’ve long said, they’re pro-choice. This isn’t about killing unborn babies. it’s about reproductive health. And the biggest chain of abortion clinics in the country refers to itself as Planned Parenthood.”
Special Report (Fox News Channel), realclearpolitics.com, Jan. 22, 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Senior Political Analyst, FOX News Channel
- Regular panelist, FOX News Sunday
- Panelist, Democratic and Republican Convention coverage, FOX News Channel, 2012
- Former anchor, Special Report with Brit Hume (FOX News Channel)
- Former Washington Managing Editor, FOX News Channel
- Anchor, Fox News Channel presidential election coverage, 1996-2008
- Former co-writer, “Computer Report” (syndicated Washington Post column)
- Former anchor, The Weekend Report (ABC)
- Former Chief White House Correspondent, ABC News
- Former co-writer and narrator, Close-Up documentary series (ABC)
- Former Washington Editor, MORE magazine
- Recipient, Washington Journalism Center fellowship (investigating United Mine Workers)
- Former journalist, Evening Sun (Baltimore, MD)
- Former journalist, Hartford Times
- BA, English, University of Virginia, 1965
- Attended St. Albans School, Washington, DC
- Legal name is Alexander Britton Hume
- Recipient, Sol Taishoff Award for Excellence in Broadcast Journalism, National Press Foundation, 2003
- Recipient, Emmy Award (for White House coverage during the Persian Gulf War), 1991
- Named “The Best in the Business” by American Journalism Review (for White House coverage)
- Married to Kim Schiller Hume
- Born in Washington, DC on June 22, 1943
- Twitter handle: @brithume
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Abortion Be Legal?