- Former US House Representative (R-IL)
- Con to the question "Should Abortion Be Legal?"
“Since the Supreme Court’s sweeping Roe v. Wade ruling in 1973 overturned hundreds of laws in states across the country, more than 55 million unborn children have lost their lives to abortion — about one-third of the millennial generation…
It’s disturbing that, for more than four decades, our nation has been complicit in this gross violation of human rights. With the advent of the ultrasound and improved prenatal care, science has shown in vivid detail the life inside of a mother…
When we tell one another that abortion is okay, we reinforce the idea that human lives are disposable, that we can throw away anything or anyone that inconveniences us.”
“Americans Should Not Have to Pay for Abortions through Obamacare,” redalertpolitics.com, Jan. 21, 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, PhDs, ThDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to abortion. Also top-level federal government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to abortion.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- US House Representative (R-IL), 2011-Jan. 3, 2019
- Member, House Financial Services and Space, Science & Technology Committees
- Recipient, Champion of Science Award, Science Coalition, Oct. 12, 2012
- Recipient, George E. Brown Jr. Science, Engineering and Technology Leadership Award, Science, Engineering and Technology Work Group (SETWG), 2012
- Member, Illinois State Senate, 2007-2011
- Member, Illinois State House of Representatives, 1999-2007
- Former Vice-President, Performance Trust Investment Advisors (Chicago, IL)
- Member, Dupage County Forest Preserve District Board of Commissioners, 1994-1998
- Member, DuPage County Board, 1994-1998
- Former Office Manager and Scheduler for former US Representative Dennis Hastert (R-IL)
- Former attorney, Johnson, Westra, Broecker, Whittaker & Newitt, P.C.
- JD, Chicago-Kent College of Law, 1993
- BA, magna cum laude, Political Science, Bethel College, 1988
- Legal name is Randall Mark Hultgren
- Married with four children
- Born Mar. 1, 1966 in Park Ridge, IL
- Twitter handle: @RepHultgren
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Abortion Be Legal?