- Managing Director and General Counsel for the Jubilee Campaign's Law of Life Project
- Con to the question "Should Abortion Be Legal?"
“I am pro-life because abortion inhumanely kills children (including members of my own extended family), physically and psychologically harms their mothers, and emasculates their fathers by depriving them of their paternal identity and responsibilities without due process of law.
It is poverty to say a child must die so that we may live as we wish. The undisputed scientific fact that human life begins at conception and the widely-held philosophic understanding that life is an undeserved gift from God and an inalienable right of every human being from our conception to our natural death forms the foundation of marriage and the human family, as well as the basis for the equal protection of the laws, the United Nation’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the United States Declaration of Independence, and the commitment in America’s Constitution to our ‘posterity.’ Over the past 44 years, one-sixth (60,000,000) of the American population has been killed by elective abortion. Twenty-five percent of African-Americans are killed in the womb. Abortion is the leading cause of death in America.
Who in good conscience can be in favor of that? In Mother Teresa’s infamous words: ‘Any country that accepts such abortion on demand is the poorest of the poor.'”
“Q&A with the Scholars: The State of U.S. Abortion Law,” lozierinstitute.org, Jan. 24, 2017
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, PhDs, ThDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to abortion. Also top-level federal government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to abortion.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Director of Stewardship, Missionary Athletes International, July 2013-present
- Managing Director and General Counsel, Jubilee Campaign’s Law of Life Project, Jan. 2011-present
- Member, Advisory Board, Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity
- Member, Republican National Lawyers Association
- Founding Chair, Healthcare Freedom of Conscience Working Group
- Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Advocates International, Jan. 2009-Dec. 2010
- Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, Christian Legal Society, June 1994-Oct. 2008
- Board of Directors, Advocates International, 1999-2008
- Member, Board of Directors, Christian Legal Society, 1992-2008
- Founding Chairman of the Board of Directors, Alliance Defense, 1992-1994
- Dean, Trinity Law School, 1990-1994
- Former Founding Partner, Larson & Casey
- General Counsel, Western Center for Law and Religious Freedom, 1988-1990
- Partner, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, 1986-1988
- Deputy District Attorney, City and County of San Francisco, 1982
- JD, University of San Francisco School of Law, 1977
- BA, English, Stanford University, 1973
- Contact Info:
- Twitter: @samuelbcasey
- Born on July 27, 1951
- Quoted in:
- Should Abortion Be Legal? – Pro & Con Quotes